Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reckless and abandoned

Reckless and abandoned... probably the last things you would like to identify yourself with. however, there is so much more meaning to these words in my life. i am a woman that has recklessly abandoned myself to Christ Jesus. And by that i mean, i have given my life completely to him and that i seek satisfaction only through him. What does that mean for my life? how can i truly be satisfied only in him? well that''s something im still figuring out. This idea is not a new one to me in any way. Colossians 2:10 says "and you have been given fullness in Christ.." It's so clear that this is the case each and everyday of my life. I can't even begin to imagine my life much less a day without God. what would it look like what would i think about.. would i ever think about anything good. i think it would be hard to based on that the everything i would feel, think, or do would be to satisfy myself. I can't help but think about how my life will change and what the future holds for me, but at the same time, im not purely thinking about myself. instead, i have dreams of changing others lives. i think people often overlook what God sees and think instead only about what others are seeing. i now i do. Only God knows the desires of my heart. only God can judge me for who i really am. the weird part is that he doesn't instead he forgives me and chooses to use me for his Glory. My God is most certainly an awesome God. God i break my alabaster box at your feet. use me. i am recklessly abandoned to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment