Saturday, February 5, 2011

A lack of inspiration, a challenge, and a concern

So to be honest, i haven't been blogging simply because every time i sit down to i can't think what to write. Blame it on being distracted or just the lack of inspiration  but i have decided to return. daily. that's right i said it daily. even if its short and sweet. well as daily as possible considering sometimes i might be in a different country in southeast asia. but today marks day one.

What usually inspires me you may ask?
This does.......

Recently, it has been the subway or mrt as we call it here in singapore. perhaps it is because there is no subway in iowa. Something about it makes me feel as though i have become truly independent as if i could navigate this country although it is small. all the same, it gives that big city feeling and feeling of accomplishment as well as being entertaining and yet at times lonely. . I think some of my best thinking has occurred on the mrt. Riding around on this piece of steel, has not only transported me to the majority of singapore but it has also gave me a perspective of the people here. it is on the mrt where i see the singaporeans as well as what make up a million of other people that are not native to this country but have come from india, the middle east, china, vietnam, and countless other countries. Here is where i see the people of the world that up until now i had only seen on tv. They are just like us or maybe perhaps in some ways better than us. they sleep at whatever chance they get even if that means a little shut eye between two mrt stops, they give up their seats to those with children or a child on the way, they laugh, they get entranced by their iphones, they sing along to their ipods. they are just like me yet they are so very different. sounds impossible right? how can they be like me yet be not like me? the truth is that many of these people are still very lost. lost is what seems to me to be the day to day. They are caught up in the things that are meaningless only because they don't have the greatest piece of knowledge. the piece about Christ being their hope and salvation. I hope one day they all hear and believe. For now to me they are just a face, a person i will see for only a short ride to the next destination but to God, He knows each one of them by name and everything about them. perhaps we will meet again and if we do i hope it is somewhere eternal. I hope i see them in heaven up there. i hope that one day they take the trip of a lifetime to see God and bask in his glory.

Until then God will remember them one by one even the smallest of ones....



Psalm 139:1-18
O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavensyou are there; if I make my bed in the depthsyou are there.

If I 
rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will 
hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For 
you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are 
your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment