Monday, February 28, 2011

A unknown path...but an known destination

In my last post, i asked you a question... where are you traveling to? I've been asking myself this question everyday since i entered the realm of adulthood. The day i left my comfortable home on 3800 antelope trail packed in tight in a purple minivan with my parents headed to iowa state university. The events of that day aren't very memorable but that decision has guided me down a path.. i path that i have loved. Just thinking about how i have changed since that very day brings both tears as well as a smile to my face. Too often do i not reflect on the good parts of the past instead my thought linger on the bad.. the most disappointing of days. Today, however i reflect on the path that God has taken me thus far. It was at iowa state that i felt the sense of community and true Godly fellowship for the first time in my life. a fellowship that can only be described as enchanting, exhilarating, and motivating. At iowa state, i found the fire to follow Christ wholeheartedly. God has truly captivated me. I've seen the beauty of a group of people my own age that desires to love God and follow him. like many of them, i'm still learning what is means to let God direct my steps in the choices i make. Everyday i question if i'm making the right choice in my major of study. is chemical engineering really my best fit? perhaps not since frankly i'm not much of fan of math or physics. The true questions is.. is there something that suits me better? If there is that something.. i have yet to feel a pull towards it. So instead i will pursue God while pursuing chemical engineering. I know i desire to honor God in this field and also i desire to help people. For know i lay in wait to see what God is going to do with me with hands wide open. I know my ultimate destination is going to be with my heavenly Father and i guess that is all that matters...

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ" Philippians 3:20


"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end."Psalm 48:14

3 comments:

  1. Kara, it is so encouraging to know that you have chosen to follow Christ wholeheartedly! It's the only life worth living, but you're right -there are many unknowns along the way. Letting Him lead is an exciting lifelong adventure, even when things don't seem to be going "our" way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on faithfully finding His specific will for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you. Love that photo.

    ReplyDelete