Wednesday, March 16, 2011

a page of thoughts on display

I've been lost for what to write for a while now on my blog. i think there is a fine line between writing something easy going and fun and something that still makes you, the reader think about your life retrospectively. I wish everything that i thought could be put into a book, a sort of concordance of my thoughts. it's true that there would be some thoughts that i'm ashamed of or embarrassed of. I think though my thoughts would carry a lot of weight with people. I think people would see a lot of themselves in me. If everyone had a sort of reference of their life perhaps they wouldn't make the same mistakes again.. they wouldn't try to solve their problems in the same ways... they would be less ordinary and more extraordinary. What would your pages be filled with? I think my pages would be filled with dreams...
my pages would be filled with images of whole communities loving each other...families celebrating around the dinner table...children smiling from ear to ear....lives being saved... christ being worshiped in every nation... blonde haired babies ....traveling the world... cotton candy colored ponies... beautiful expressions of art... finally figuring out that engineering problem... couples loving each other unconditionally.. answers to the hard questions of life... These are the things that i think about plus of course many others. I guess what i'm trying to say is our your thoughts worthy? worth your time and energy? are you dwelling on things that are meaningless on the scope of your life? ya i know cotton candy colored ponies shouldn't be at the top of the list but all the same...God gave you a mind... use it for his glory and praise and don't be ashamed of it. Don't be a broken light bulb...
Philippians 4:8 
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment